Office Plant Benefits
People’s surroundings have a surprising effect on how they feel, but office building designers often overlook this fact. From color combinations to lighting, a single design choice can have a significant impact on productivity and mood in the workplace. One of the easiest ways to give offices a boost is with office plants. Office and reception planters can bring numerous benefits to the workplace, including:
- Air quality: Adding plants to any area can significantly improve air quality, reducing CO2, dust, bacteria, toxic emissions and mold in the air. Plants also help with humidity.
- Health: Improved air quality, in turn, contributes to the improved health of everyone in the workplace. This change effectively reduces absenteeism and increases efficiency and productivity.
- Stress: Plants also help reduce stress in employees, improving mood issues by cleaning up the air and playing on humans’ psychological affinity for plant life.
- Noise reduction: Another advantage of office plants is that they can reduce ambient noise. Plants absorb sound waves well, reducing distracting noises and creating barriers that make it easier for employees to work.
- Impressions: When you add well-maintained plants to your interior design, you’re showing your employees and clients that you have an attention to detail and an appreciation for design that sets you apart from the crowd.
In total, these benefits make for a healthier, more satisfying and more productive workplace for all when you just add plants to an office workspace. You can take advantage of these benefits even further with professional office plant design and maintenance services from Plant Escape.